Anyway...
We were discussing it, and she mentioned that I might like this novel. I didn't borrow it. But about a year later, I stumbled across it in a book store and decided to give it a shot. I think I was like fifteen and it took me about a year to complete it. I admit it! It was subject to being placed to the side and not read for a period of time. But any other book by her has not had this treatment.
It is not frequent that I indulge in buying one of her books. I tend to budget myself in my trips to the book store, and her books are usually a decent chunk of my budget. But when I do go in that direction, I am rarely disappointed. She is a great author to fall back on if you have little to read.
And imagine my excitement when I heard they were doing a movie, on her best book in my opinion. And then add that it had two of my favorite actresses, who played both parts exceptionally... *film-gasm*
I can see someone finding Phillipa a little less appealing. Historical. Fiction. Draaaaaaaag, right? No, never. Phillipa always has scandal and intreigue. I recommend her to anyone who wants some scandal & intreigue as mentioned before, but also a love story. Because there is generally one hiding somewhere in her novels, and many of them are touching.
Favorite Book thus far: The Boleyn Inheritance (not her best book, but my favorite)
""Jane," I said quietly. She opened her eyes, she had been far away in prayer.
"Yes, Mary? Forgive me, I was praying." "If you go on flirting with the king
with those sickly little smiles, one of us Boleyns is going to scratch your eyes
out."" — Philippa
Gregory (The Other
Boleyn Girl)

No comments:
Post a Comment