Monday, March 1, 2010

Much Ado in Maggody, Joan Hess

I think I laughed my way through this entire book. Although that is not abnormal for Maggody.

In the small southern town of  Maggody, we have a Woman's Rights epidemic. After Johnna Mae gets fired from the bank for, unbeknown to the reader, skimming money from the bank. What I found particuarly amusing was that all three employees at the local branch were taking money.

Though, the mildly disterbing part was Miss Una. The sweet little old lady at the bank (skimming money) who ends up being this installment's crazy person. Kidnapping Kevin, feeding him sweets to keep him content no less, for being in the bank when she set fire to it. And she lit her house on fire to boot, c.r.a.z.y.

All in all, I enjoyed this Maggody as much as I have in the past. two thumbs up.

No comments: