Sunday, March 7, 2010

Blue Dahlia, Nora Roberts

Book one of the Garden Series.

Used bookstore find. Shortly after I finished the Dreamers series. My aunt thinks this is one of her best series to date. I think I'll have to finish the series to find out.

As with many authors, I'm seeing parallels when it comes to the characters in this series and previous characters I've encountered with Nora Roberts. You have one that has grown up wealthy. One that has had a tragedy and is being taken in by the wealthy. And one underprivileged woman also being taken in by the wealthy.

I kind of thought it was predictable but in a way that works. And she has the next book with Roz set up pretty well.

I found it incredibly amusing that Stella is incredibly organized and put together, whereas Logan thrives on chaos. A typical opposites attract scenario.

I must say that I'll be tuning in to later books in the series. More to find out about Amelia than of Roz's affairs with Dr. Carnegie.

No comments: