Friday, October 16, 2009

Mischief in Maggody, Joan Hess

Vacation book. The Sookie book in the previous entry was one as well. I finished the first on the four hour drive to our destination, and I finished this over the course of the four days at the hotel. I think this was a great vacation book. It's got a touch of mystery, but a whole lot of spunk. It has made me love this little town of Maggody a little more and I've had to restrain myself from just flying through the whole series... a girl's got to have a little variety in her life.

I was not all that sad that Robin is murdered. But I think her kids are hilarious, Hammet is definitley my favorite of the four... Perhaps because of them terrorizing Mrs. Jim Bob :D.

Ruby Bee and Estelle never cease to amaze me. Taking in Baby and then loosing him. Then attempting to patch together a romance between Arly and David Allen. And the attempts to get Arly to see the psychic. Lovely.

More importantly is the hippies that appear to be sticking around town for a little bit of time. Well, except for Nate, who along with Celeste, is no longer with us.

I must say I am begining to think that once I have reached the conclusion of this series, I will be sad. It will probably turn into one that I pick up and read multiple times.

No comments: