This book happened to be a gift. I began reading it between classes, etc. But it ended up getting put to the side for some time. It appears to be a part of a series of books, and later in it. Which left me a little confused with following some of the pasts of the characters.
The plot was predictable. I was hoping for more of a wrap up concerning the death of Carrie's father, than what the reader is given. As I was following it, I was formulating ways that the end could have a big blow out ending. But was left hanging. My ideas did concern that of Joe's blackmail of Larry and Nora. But I figured that they would find something on them, and that they would ultimately go down for the crimes. However, I was left with (gladly) Carrie getting off the hook for a murder she did not commit and Nora shooting Larry and covering it up so that everything could be pinned on him. Which typing it out makes it sound much better than reading the book because there is a small blurb at the end of the book stating what happens to the Wentzels.
The relationship between Darren and Barbara just confused me, perhaps with some background reading, I would feel less perplexed.
I think my favorite character was Herbert. Especially with the cooking.
Overall, I was pretty disappointed with the end result.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment