As a continuation of Twilight, I had to force myself to not start it right away and finish reading Killing Floor. I have a bad habit of starting books, and not finishing them. I have piles and piles of books, that are half read that I go back to read a few chapters, then get the book I really want to read *enthusiastic nodding*. Unfortunately, upon the end of Killing Floor, I had an essay due. Priorities, priorities.
I thought this was a vampire series... this is what I was told by multiple people. Werewolves?!?! hallejuah. Werewolves as the mortal enemy of Vampires... love it.
Meyers using a page per month to represent time passing... phenomenal. it required you to act in accordance with Bella. Time slipping like the pages of a well read book. Stronger point than if you were to just say four months later...
I have to say that I am not a fan of suicidal Edward. Though the theme of Romeo and Juliet worked really well for the book.
I have not decided how I feel about Jacob just yet. The entire time he was chasing after Bella, I kept saying to myself, "no, no, no... she's Edwards!" and rooted for him to return. It makes me wonder what will occur if Bella does join the Cullens though, stay tuned folks. This one could be a wild one
By far my favorite moment of this installment was Edwards proposal. Marry me, and I'll change you. I love that she's willing to give him eternity and her life, but not sure if she can marry him. Ha.
However, the book was touching. It said a lot for their love for one another, by having the Shakespeare theme. Who hasn't heard the tale, seen the movie, or read the play, right? We know about those star-crossed lovers who kill themselves. But Meyers used themes from the play that did not necessarily lead to their deaths. The separation theme. The triangle of persons involved theme. We'll see how true to the play this sticks with Paris/Jacob.
One word: Moving

No comments:
Post a Comment