Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Wake, Lisa McMann

I got this because they had an entire section at Borders for "if you liked Twilight...you may also like..." while there was still Twilight movie madness going on. With New Moon coming out, there is probably another similar rack there. Anyway, I found this book. the subtitle states that, "your dreams are not your own" ... plus I liked the cover.

I started this the day I finished I, Mona Lisa and finished it the next morning. Granted it's not that long, 210 pages. And it's a young adult book so the actual text is almost double spaced and larger than a regular novel as they can sometimes be. But I genuinely liked the story. I had never read anything where your heroine could partake in the dreams of others around her.

I think her romance with Cabel is cute and how they help one another with their insecurities. Though I think her friend Carrie is a bit of a twit though.

I have to admit that I plan on staying tuned with Fade. I can't wait to see what Ms. Stubbin's part in this whole thing is... in-treguing.

No comments: