Let's see... I got this one because of the cover. Which is the main advertisement for the T.V. show that the book has been translated into, TrueBlood. I have never seen TrueBlood, I'm not much of a television kind of girl.
Ultimately, I was not as impressed as I was told I would be. Not to say that I did not enjoy Sookie. However, it felt like the setting of Anita Blake, with the clumbsy character's of MaryJanice Dickenson's Undead series. I also found myself thinking as I was driving home from work one day that all this book needed was some shapeshifters and I would feel even more like I was in a Laurell K. Hamilton book... low and behold... Sam is one. *shocking*
My favorite part by far is when Sookie discover's Bill's name. "'The vampire Bill!' I said. 'I thought it might be Antoine, or Basil, or Langford!'" How often do writers of vampire novels give the vampire eloquent names that sound as if they fell out of the 15th century. How ordinarily wonderful!
I was incredibly sad that Gran was murdered. I enjoyed the character.
All in all, it wasn't bad. I want to know more about Bill's past and what happens with Eric, so I foresee me buying the next in the series. I am also curious how well they did turning it into a television series. So I may have to rent the first season of TrueBlood.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment