Saturday, September 27, 2008

Psychopath, Keith Ablow

It was a bit of a jump, going from the "feel good" novel of Twilight, to a suspenseful tale of a serial killer. I thought perhaps when I started it that it was more of a mystery than an edge of my seat thriller. But still rather good. It's written by a forensic psychologist, and he not only knows his stuff, but can communicate it well.

A psychiatrist as the psychopath. a little typical. A little neverwracking as well. One person you are supposed to trust is one person that could trick you mentally and get away with murdering you. Nasty thoughts. Like I continue to say, people who study the human psyche and try to use their studies to aid others are mosre than likely hiding the issues they themselves have rather than facing them. How much easier is it to be the healer of children, a hero... than be the split personality serial killer.


The ending left me wanting a little more between Billy and Frank. I enjoyed watching the change in Billy. Added a little something to the book overall.

I recommend this if you want something a little typical, a little twisted, but with its own unique quality. It isn't typical in the sense that you've read this story, but with different characters. You have a motive the opposite of what you would expect from that kind of killer.



One word synopsis: Suspensefull

No comments: